Eight team members of the OPERA Project and Project Officer Ms. Francesca Harris met in Brussels on 24th October to review the main achievements and lessons learnt during the first 18 months of project implementation.
After a brief overview of the Project Coordinator Mr. Pablo Ruiz-Minguela (Tecnalia), the progress of the different technical Work Packages was presented:
- Open-sea operating data collection and streaming – Mr. Borja de Miguel (Oceantec)
- Mooring loads assessment and reduction – Prof. Lars Johanning (University of Exeter)
- Power take-off reliability and performance – Prof. Luís Gato (Instituto Superior Técnico)
- Controls algorithms for reliability and performance – Ms. Ainhoa Pujana (Tecnalia)
- Applicability and extension of IEC Technical Specifications – Dr. Sara Armstrong (University College Cork)
- Lifetime offshore logistics – Mr. Raúl Rodríguez-Arias (Tecnalia)
- Risks management, cost of energy and overall assessment – Dr. David Crooks (University of Edinburgh)
Along the review meeting, Ms. Francesca Harris could learn first-hand of the project innovations, procedures and new knowledge, the evaluation of dissemination and communication activities as well as various aspects of the strategic and operational management of the project.
The OPERA team received a very useful feedback that will help improve the implementation of the project until its completion in July 2019.
Finally, the Consortium is grateful to the Delegation of the Basque Country to the EU in Brussels for providing the facilities to host this review meeting.